This week marked the end of our first quarter of the 2010-2011 school year. How time has flown by! Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held next Thursday (21) from 3:00-7:00 and Friday (22) from 7:30-10:30. Don't forget your scheduled time!On Thursday evening, our Academic All-Stars (those students who scored Proficient of Advanced on the MAP test) were honored by the district in a ceremony held at the high school auditorium. Congratulations to the 10 members of our class who achieved this goal! Go to the photos section to see images from the event.Writer's Workshop
- This week, we talked about making sure our pieces of writing have "Bold Beginnings", "Mighty Middles", and "Exciting Ends". We also talked about adjectives to help our readers better picture the events or objects in our writing. We used thesauruses to help us turn our words from mild to spicy! The students have been working on typing the final drafts of their personal narratives.Math
- This week, we continued our studies in Unit 1. Please take time to look at the Unit Overviews
provided by the textbook publisher.Reading
- Last week, we read several tall tales from our anthology. This week, we wrote our own! Students used their knowledge of tall tales to write a tall tale featuring themselves as the "larger than life" characters who help solve problems using their unique character traits. Come see our hallway bulletinboard and read that stories!Science
- Students continued to work with Ms. Lawrence on learning about the Water Cycle, and will be starting the Land and Water Kit soon.Social Studies
- We continue to work on our WebQuests Native Americans
. We should be nearing the conclusion of this project by the end of next week.